8 Golden Rules:
- Before starting the project first describe future wished flows and requirements
- Use a project manager with good business knowledge to ensure integration to core business
- An ERP implementation is not an IT-project, but a business project and needs business champions involved!
- Create a Core Solution but limit changes unless sure they will be used
- Create User Guides and Roll-out Templates to support the users and easy roll-out
- In most cases existing processes needs to be changed to follow best practices and the optimal flow with the new system – never just change the new ERP solution into the way the old system worked
- Never save on training and documentation
- Avoid parallel running – if you have testet well enough you know it’s working
For more information about our recommendations and experience you are very welcome to contact us.